The National Council of State Supervisors for Languages (NCSSFL) and the
National Associations of District Supervisors of Foreign Languages (NADSFL) present
Languages for the 21st Century: Increasing Language Learning Opportunities for Learners
A Summer STARTALK Institute for School and District Administrators
Hosted by the Maryland State Department of Education
June 26-28, 2013
Each district is invited to identify a team of three individuals to attend the institute. This team will leave the three-day experience with an action plan to take back to their respective districts or schools.
This unique opportunity will capacitate participating teams of district or school personnel around:
• Compelling rationales for expanding language learning opportunities;
• Out-of-the-box advocacy strategies;
• Proven program models that yield results;
• Five principles to guide curriculum, instruction, and assessment;
• Assessing and documenting learners’ progress; and
• Resource tips for implementing, staffing, and supporting programs.
Register by April 26, 2013
For full details go to http://library.constantcontact.com/download/get/file/1110562081496-39/NCSSFL+STARTALK+Application+%283%29.pdf