From the Arabic-L listserv:
American Councils for International Education (AC) is seeking item writers to develop multiple-choice questions for online Arabic proficiency tests.
We are trying to identify Arabic language specialists who
· are at least a level 2+ on the ILR Proficiency Scale or even a native speaker of Arabic
· are familiar with proficiency scales (either ACTFL or ILR)
· are trained in language proficiency testing or teaching (hands-on training is a possibility)
· have used proficiency considerations in teaching or research (desirable but not obligatory)
· have experience and/or interest in developing test questions in English on Arabic prompts
· will find appropriate online stimulus oral and written prompts on which to base multiple-choice questions
We hope you find such an involvement with AC interesting and will decide to send us a short resume. All submissions will receive further information about possible assignments, payments and schedules. In advance, thank you.
Please email your inquiries and submissions to: Inessa Ach (Itemwriting at americancouncils dot org)
Arabic-L:PEDA:Item writers needed for Arabic Proficiency Test. Arabic-L listserv (ARABIC-L@LISTSERV.BYU.EDU, 13 Aug 2012).