CALL FOR PROPOSALS
6th CCSU CONFERENCE FOR LANGUAGE TEACHERS
“Language Connections: Trespassing Borders”
To be held at Central Connecticut State University, Student Center, Ella Grasso Boulevard, New Britain, Connecticut, 06050, on Saturday, March 10, 2012 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Proposals for all languages are welcome!
Presentations and workshops should be of interest to language teachers and should preferably be given in the target language. If dealing with general language topics, they should be given in English. Proposals may address theoretical, curricular, methodological or technical aspects related but not limited to the following suggested topics:
• Connecting disciplines through languages.
• Study abroad opportunities.
• Language needs for different professions: translation & interpretation, tourism, social work, law, business, etc.
• Language study by implementing interactions.
• Innovative approaches in Foreign Language teaching.
• Interdisciplinary study abroad programs.
• Internationalizing your school/campus.
• Incorporating film and new media into your language classroom.
To propose a presentation or a workshop, please use the enclosed submission form. Proposals will be accepted until January 31st, 2012.
For more information and to download the full call for proposals, go to http://www.modlang.ccsu.edu/html/Conference/Info.htm