Avant Assessment is accepting applications for the position of Item Developer. We provide a supportive working environment where innovation, independent work effort, and leadership are valued and rewarded. This is a full time telecommute position. Residency and authorization to work in the US are required.
Founded in 2001, Avant Assessment has established a strong presence in the field of online second-language assessment. If you are interested in joining a growing company dedicated to improving language learning please send your CV to recruiter at avantassessment dot com.
• Academic and/or professional background in language-related field
• Ability to work with diverse groups on complex projects
• Self-directed and well organized with strong attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines under pressure
• Ability to travel on an occasional basis
• Excellent communication and organization skills
• Willingness and ability to learn new computer applications as needed
• Authorized to work in the United States
• Academic and/or professional background in linguistics, educational measurement, second language acquisition, foreign language education, or TESOL
• Master’s degree in linguistics or related field
• Professional experience in large-scale test development
• Intermediate to advanced skills in MSWord and Excel
• Personal experience in foreign/second language learning
Participate in test item writing activities for online tests of foreign language proficiency. These activities include:
• Assist in coordinating the activities of native speakers of target languages participating in test-development activities including: procuring foreign language written or audio passages, rating passages for difficulty, procuring copyright authorization, ensuring authenticity to the target language
• Participate in test item development by writing items adhering to quality assurance standards and integrating feedback from other Test Production personnel.
• Organize and maintain computer-based records of all test development activities and products
• Facilitate ongoing communication with other Test Production personnel as needed
• Implement and adhere to project management schedules and staffing plans as required to achieve project objectives
• Provide ongoing project status reports as needed
• Assist in integrating client feedback to improve product quality
Compensation is dependent upon education and experience.
Please send your CV to recruiter at avantassessment dot com.
Butler, G. [LTEST-L] Full Time Second Language Test Item Developer Positions Open. LTEST-L listserv (LTEST-L@LISTS.PSU.EDU, 26 Oct 2011).