The International Association for Language Learning Technology (IALLT) is actively soliciting proposals for the 3rd edition of the IALLT Language Learning Center Management Manual. This volume will consist of a series of chapters that pertain to current best practices in managing and developing a language learning center (LLC). While past editions of the LLCMM have primarily reported on North American LLCs and practices, it is hoped that this edition might include a more international perspective.
This fully peer-reviewed edition will be published electronically -- contributors are encouraged to include multimedia materials, such as videos, sounds, images, and hyperlinks.
The current list of working chapter titles is:
1. Language Learning Center Management (LLCM): An Overview
2. The LLC Director: Management Roles, Leadership, Styles, and Philosophies
3. Staffing the LLC: Finding and Keeping Excellent Employees
4. Managing Media Equipment
5. Managing Media Materials
6. Managing Media Production
7. Copyright and Other Legal Issues
8. Managing the Language Learning Center Budget
9. The LLC and Public Relations: Promoting the Language Learning Center
10. The LLC's Role in Technology Training and Professional Development
11. The LLC as Facilitator for Integrating Web 2.0 applications into the language curriculum (new chapter)
12. Assessment and Strategic Planning for LLC Programs and Services (new chapter)
13. Fundraising and Grants (new chapter)
14. Resources for the Profession
Other chapters will be considered as proposed by submitters.
Abstract proposals may be submitted through the link on the IALLT.org home page or directly at http://bit.ly/rpF0Sf .
Feel free to contact Andrew Ross, Editor of the IALLT Language Learning Center Management Manual at aross8 at asu dot edu with questions regarding your ideas or this call for chapters. He and other editorial staff are most willing to work with prospective authors to help develop and refine their ideas for publication.
Hendricks, H. Call for Abstracts: IALLT Language Learning Center Management Manual, 3rd Edition. CALICO-L listserv (CALICO-L@LISTSERV.CALICO.ORG, 17 Aug 2011).