Language Testing Specialist
Language Testing Division (LTD)
Salary: $40,000 - $46,000
Hours Per Week: 35 hrs/wk (full time)
Position Available: Immediately
Description of Duties:
Assist with test development for a large-scale English language assessment for K-12 English language learners (ELLs), with a focus on test development for ELLs in grades 3-5.
* Write and revise test item specifications
* Evaluate, review and write test materials and documents for grades 3-5
* Maintain test item database
* Coordinate internal and external reviews
* Communicate feedback to consultants
* Organize and execute key checks
* Write and refine graphics descriptions to support student comprehension in test items
* Track graphics requests to order, sketch, ink, and colorize graphics
* Review graphics for content accuracy and grade-level appropriateness
* Prepare and maintain files and records (summary reports, bibliographies, etc.)
* Coordinate item development tasks of external consultants to ensure timely delivery of test items
* Other duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field and three years of related experience or Master’s degree with one year of related experience are required.
Experience: Successful candidate will have experience working with ELLs and a commitment to improving education, particularly for ELLs. Teaching experience in the areas of reading, assessment, literacy and/or content area instruction is desirable. Experience developing tests preferred, experience developing language tests preferred. Familiarity with ACCESS for ELLs® and experience teaching or learning a second language preferred.
The preferred candidate will be a self-motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as cooperatively in a fast-paced team environment. Excellent skills in the following areas are highly desirable: organization, planning, and time management; oral and interpersonal communication; writing, editing, and proofreading; and knowledge of CS4 InDesign and Microsoft Office software.
IF INTERESTED, SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER:
Center for Applied Linguistics
4646 40th Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20016-1859
ATTN: Phyllis Tate, Recruitment 11-08
jobs at cal dot org
Attn: Recruitment 11-08
CAL provides competitive salaries and an excellent benefit package. They are located in upper Northwest D.C., 2 blocks from the Tenleytown-A.U. Metro station on the Red Line.
The Center for Applied Linguistics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment based upon race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, handicap, or any other reason not related to employment.
In accordance with USCIS regulations, all successful applicants will be required to show proof of their legal right to accept employment in the United States.