The International Organisation of La Francophonie was created in 1970. Its mission is to embody the active solidarity between its 70 member states and governments (56 members and 14 observers), which together represent over one-third of the United Nations’ member states and account for a population of over 870 million people, including 200 million French speakers.
www.francophonie.org is a portal site where you can
* discover the extent of the IOF’s vitality and wealth, its wide ranging cultures and French accents and its partner languages ;
* keep abreast with the IOF’s latest political activities to promote peace, democracy and Human Rights, under the leadership of its Secretary General Abdou Diouf, former President of Senegal ;
* learn about the cooperation measures taken to promote the French language, cultural diversity, sustainable development, education and training ;
* surf the Web more easily thanks to RSS feed formats and discover all the French-language resources on the Internet ;
* access a database comprising thousands of photos, videos and audio documents.
Visit the website at http://www.francophonie.org/English.html