Deutsche Sommerschule am Atlantik
For Students, Teachers, and Business Professionals
June 26 - August 5, 2011
URI is home to one of a few summer immersion programs for German language and culture in the U.S. Each summer, about 50 students from all over the country come to URI for intensive German language study. The six-week program is fully accredited, offers instruction at five different levels, and offers a host of extra-curricular activities. Instructors and students live together in a learning community.
* Intensive German language instruction at all proficiency levels
* Fully accredited courses in German language and culture
* German-only environment with extensive extracurricular program
* Pleasant total-immersion atmosphere near Rhode Island's beach resorts
* A learning community
* Open to adults of all ages
The application deadline is June 1st.
Learn more at http://www.uri.edu/artsci/ml/german/sommerschule.html or download a brochure from http://www.uri.edu/artsci/ml/german/summersc/dssa_brochure.pdf